To add more than one candidate to your order, please add this product to your basket again.
Please be aware that login instructions will be sent to the candidate email address provided above.
Buy 3 or more to save 15%!
The recent European Resuscitation Council (ERC) First Aid Guidelines 2015 state that when direct pressure cannot control severe bleeding, haemostatic dressings and tourniquets are to be used. This is due to the wealth of evidence available that shows how effective tourniquets and haemostatic dressings are when they are used in these situations.
In light of these guidelines, we have designed an e-learning course that allows First Aid Trainers and Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs) to gain all of the essential information needed to safely and confidently teach tourniquets and haemostatic dressings on training courses.
This 3 hour course can be taken anywhere, at any time, and will provide candidates with a thorough understanding of the below topics:
- European Resuscitation Council (ERC) First Aid Guidelines 2015
- Why We Should Follow Them
- Time to Undo what we Thought we Knew
- Catastrophic Bleeding and the Primary Survey <C>ABC
- Sit, Examine and Apply Direct Pressure - Getting the Right Emphasis
- Use of Tourniquets
- CAT tourniquet - SOF-T tourniquet
- What are the Risks of Applying a Tourniquet
- Where to Apply a Tourniquet
- What if the Tourniquet is not Effective
- How to Apply a Manufactured Tourniquet
- MAT tourniquet
- How to Apply a Tourniquet Safely in the Classroom
- How to Apply an Improvised Tourniquet
- Use of Haemostatic Dressings
- Celox and Quikclot Product Familiarisation
- Packing a Wound - With or Without a Haemostatic Dressing
- Tourniquet or Haemostatic Dressing – Which First?
- Essential Information for Training
- The Lethal Triad of Trauma - When Bleeding is out of Control
- Do All Employers Need to Buy Tourniquets and Haemostatic Dressings?
- Putting it all Together in the Classroom
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a certificate of completion worth 3 CPD points, ideal for proving competence in this subject.
To preview the E-learning course, simply click here